Here’s the Li’l Monkey in its completed state, all seamed up and featuring three monkey faces (one boy, one girl, and one unisex/transgender, a.k.a. “Sock Monkey Classic”).
Here’s a close-up of the girl monkey face (note the badly executed black and white “ribbon” near her right ear — because she’s fancy):
Here’s a close-up of the boy monkey face (note the bow tie). Apparently, he’s dressed for the Sock Monkey Ball (or about to get beaten up at Sock Monkey Elementary):
And here’s my unisex monkey face (a.k.a. “Sock Monkey Classic”):
Believe me, these faces are not as creepy in person as they are in these photos. You’ll just have to take my word for it since the photography gods are not working in my favor today. This is actually quite a cute blanket.
For this project, I used Rowan Cashsoft Chunky (red, color 709), two strands of Suss Love (ivory) and two strands of Schachenmayr Punto (marled gray, color 90). Unfortunately, the Suss Love, although usually a wonderful yarn, does not work very well in granny squares; it unravelled when I laundered it and I had to recreate the white centers of a couple of the granny squares. An interesting experiment in crochet repair, especially given my limited crochet experience. But I think I made it work — fingers crossed!