Michael Nesmith Hat Finished!

Voila! The Mike Nesmith hat! I actually finished it over a week ago, but I needed a large pom-pom maker to complete the look. Even though I’m a stitchgeek (and proud of it), I just don’t have the requisite patience to fashion one of those handmade cardboard pom-pom makers with the circle cut inside the other circle and the slit and the endless
wrapping and the cutting and the gathering and the tying and the re-tying and the …. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have the smaller sized Clover pom-pom makers, and one day the large ones will be mine as well (oh yes, they will be mine), but for now, my good friend Buster McSinister of KnittingSinister was kind enough to lend me his. Those Clover pom-pom makers are my absolute favorites because they are quick, easy to use, very well-made, and they come in a variety of sizes. Accept no substitutes.

So, here’s a picture of the hat pre-pom-pom with the pom-pom maker:

Hat and Pompom Maker--together at last!

And here’s what happens when you put the two together:

Michael Nesmith Hat on Fowler HeadAnd here’s the link to the free pattern. Love, peace, and groovy tunes to all my brothers and sisters!

Tagged: , ,

7 thoughts on “Michael Nesmith Hat Finished!

1. Ellen Bloom September 4, 2007 at 4:41 pm Reply

Mike Nesmith!!! Wow! Great idea…excellent hat, Kate!
    While watching “The Monkees” on TV, I always wondered why Mike was wearing that ski hat in sunny SoCal.

2. sam April 20, 2008 at 12:49 pm Reply

hello having problem getting to the hat pattern everytime i click on the link i get sent to the lfy so short web page with sponcered websites and can not find the pattern. any help would be much appreciated.

3. Erin April 22, 2008 at 5:38 pm Reply

I love that hat! I’ve been looking for a Mike Nesmith hat for so long, I wish I could knit.

4. Kate April 22, 2008 at 8:07 pm Reply

Thanks, Erin! This is a simple pattern–you should learn to knit! (although I probably wouldn’t recommend double-pointed needles for your first project…) Or, get one of your knitty friends to make one for you!

5. Kate April 22, 2008 at 8:08 pm Reply

Oh — I almost forgot! I love your handle. I have a cat named Bogart.

6. Kate April 22, 2008 at 8:11 pm Reply

I’m sorry you’re having problems, Sam. You should be able to access the Michael Nesmith Hat pattern by clicking on the “Free Pattern” link on the left sidebar, and then clicking on the picture of the hat. Let me know how that works!

7. Leo May 12, 2010 at 8:48 pm Reply

the link isn’t working
    please fix it i really want to know the pattern i love his hat!
    thanks